PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom QQ overpair where should I slow down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom QQ overpair where should I slow down?

Nowhere.

Comment

interesting spot... I could not slow down with hands like that either and often run in to better hands at the end...
      can't wait for someone to make real evaluation of this one and how does it ends for you?

Comment

I could just copy and paste what I wrote in another thread lol.

Value, value, value!

Well played - if he shows up with a set, that's tough luck. We are ahead more often than not here.

Comment

I figured he has low chance of having QJ, I think I should have slowed somewhere, I'm worried about two pairs or sets. He had

QJ[/SPOILER]

Comment

Hey praydk,

I think you played this hand fine and that would be my standard betting line against an unknown here. Although a lot of better made hands have you beat by the river that will be in villains calling range pre, you can still get calls from worse (since we don't know villain he could be defending Tx, will certainly get to river with JJ, could make some ridiculous herocalls with a pair putting you on a bluff with overs etc.).

I would personally 3-bet a tad bigger pre OOP, but that's it. NH.
            Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.