PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NLz 6-max My co open QQ vs btn flat, table chat reverse levelling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NLz 6-max My co open QQ vs btn flat, table chat reverse levelling?

Quite funny against an unknown I see something in the chat window and think why?

This is the river bet from the villain who says "go for it" then "dare you".

Well for HA purposes I should fold this hand due to table banter or maybe not what do you guys think?

Maybe a bit of reverse psychology?

Don't know how to do the hidden text so here is the long version. Raw #HHfile with the "table taunts" a red rag to a bull maybe?

PokerStars Zoom Hand #108493617188: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2013/12/14 5:01:10 WET [2013/12/14 0:01:10 ET]
    Table 'Donati' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: 19koliy73 ($3.69 in chips)
    Seat 2: CVMPKR ($2.78 in chips)
    Seat 3: reklesshero ($4.74 in chips)
    Seat 4: PletnevD ($14.58 in chips)
    Seat 5: AAnimalize ($5.43 in chips)
    Seat 6: ForrestFive ($5.14 in chips)
    CVMPKR: posts small blind $0.02
    reklesshero: posts big blind $0.05
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to ForrestFive [Qs Qh]
    PletnevD: folds
    AAnimalize: folds
    ForrestFive: raises $0.10 to $0.15
    19koliy73: folds
    CVMPKR: folds
    reklesshero: calls $0.10
    *** FLOP *** [Ac Tc Jc]
    reklesshero: checks
    ForrestFive: checks
    *** TURN *** [Ac Tc Jc] [Jh]
    reklesshero: bets $0.15
    ForrestFive: calls $0.15
    *** RIVER *** [Ac Tc Jc Jh] [2s]
    reklesshero: bets $0.60
    reklesshero said, "go for it"
    reklesshero said, "dare you"
    ForrestFive: calls $0.60
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    reklesshero: shows [Ks 9d] (a pair of Jacks)
    ForrestFive: shows [Qs Qh] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
    ForrestFive collected $1.74 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $1.82 | Rake $0.08
    Board [Ac Tc Jc Jh 2s]
    Seat 1: 19koliy73 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: CVMPKR (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 3: reklesshero (big blind) showed [Ks 9d] and lost with a pair of Jacks
    Seat 4: PletnevD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: AAnimalize folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: ForrestFive showed [Qs Qh] and won ($1.74) with two pair, Queens and Jacks

I think any tell of intimidation usually shows weakness rather than strength.
    But tells are subjective and may differ a lot, so you can't really know for sure.
    I am also calling river.

Comment

I a vacuum you can surely bluffcatch river as he can have or and it's dubious for him to pot with a naked ace on the river when the board is so scary. Especially given that he defended his BB he can have a wider than usual range for caling pre. Reading too much into online tells is dangerous but I do go with stuff like timing and sizing. However in my experience people who take the time and guts to type sth in chat will have it more often than not. Then again, these tells can go in both directions so it's tough to put anything into it. I would probably go more with the timing it took him to make his turn and riverbets and make my decision based on this.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.