PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR 2NL Zoom, overpair facing overbet on the flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR 2NL Zoom, overpair facing overbet on the flop

Only 2 hands on villain, so consider him a random zoom opponent. I think the raise overbet shove on the turn meant either a set or a very agressively played nut flush draw, but either way, I think my decision was pretty straight forward, even if it sucks to fold KK on a low card flop.

Your preflop sizing is way too big. It should be 3x or at most 3.5x.

When he shoves it's the snappiest snap call of snap calls.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
      When he shoves it's the snappiest snap call of snap calls.
      With a fist pump to boot!

Villains often do this on such dry boards with random bluffs or crappy pocket pairs.

It's when you see random shoves on the turn or especially the river that you have to be concerned that villains basically always have the nuts.

Comment

And I thought my fold was pretty straightforward... lol
        I think I still am having trouble ranging villains on a flop raise vs a turn/river raise. I'm giving villains wayyy too much credit when they raise on the flop. Def need to work on that leak.

Comment

Every time i see a flop shove i see some really bad hands most of the time, where i wouldnt call is when they over bet shove the turn like on a 8d 9d 2c 5d, i snap called here a few times and sucked out and they were shoving straights and sets here alot.

The reason i called was because i just couldnt see people overbet shove a flush because you cant expect players to call with worse and why would a straight or a set shove here, so i snapped it off with top pair and a flush draw and sucked out lol.

Comment

Hi Simon,

I agree with calling off here. We are only losing to sets at this point (not putting them on a cold call pre with T3/T2/32 necessarily), but villain even though unknown could (and might often) choose different actions with a set, like calling to raise the turn, or raising smaller than all in.

Other hands that might think in their minds this is a good play: Diamonds semi-bluffing, AT, JJ, QQ, smaller pockets that put you on the hand they can beat (AK) and want you to fold. So I'm quite happy to disappoint him and call.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.