PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL Zoom (6 max) - KK (UTG) Vs Unknown on draw heavy board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL Zoom (6 max) - KK (UTG) Vs Unknown on draw heavy board

Background: Hero Stats: VPIP 16; PFR 13; 3bet 4 (1.2K hands) Villain: Unknown / No information [except started hand with <70bbs] Pre-flop: Is standard... I make a 3x raise from EP with . Villain calls from the BB. Flop: [rainbow] Villain donk bets half pot, so I decided to make a healthy raise to $0.65. Villain calls. Turn: Villain again donks OTT, but this time for 2/3 pot. Hero...? My Thoughts: Villain's p/f defending [... & donk bet range] will consist of o/pairs, small to mid pps incl. sets, pairs+draws, 2pair & Ax type hands. We're now also faced with an o/card & BDFD and Villain, not deterred by my raise OTF, makes a value bet OTT & has less than a pot size bet behind [... so not folding]. Hero folded. Questions: 1). Do you agree with my analysis / Villain's range? 2). Did I miss anything? 3). Good fold? Welcome your comments / feedback? Tony

I think you played the hand well.

Villain seems like a recreational player so there might be some random A2/K2 type hands in his range that he might donkbet OTF.

I doubt that villain is bluffing much by leading out OTT, so I would fold like you did.

Comment

Hi Prodigy,

I think villain as almost never bluffing this turn card when they lead again. I think they will often have A3-A7 in this spot. If he's got 56s and is making a move, good on him, he wins... I fold.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
        Hi Prodigy,

I think villain as almost never bluffing this turn card when they lead again. I think they will often have A3-A7 in this spot. If he's got 56s and is making a move, good on him, he wins... I fold.
        Hi Dave [& spand],

Thank you for your comments / feedback. I agree... I think Villain is almost never bluffing & may think we improved OTT if he put us on AK, AQs etc [... as we raised from UTG] so even more convinced he was leading out with at least 2 pair [or better].

Thanks again,

Tony

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.