PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL - Flatting AKs UTG+1 & calling 3 bets and shoves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL - Flatting AKs UTG+1 & calling 3 bets and shoves

Villains were 100-200BBs deep and I was around 300BBs. Did not know what to make of the 3 bets and shoving but had the chips on a decent flop and called. How is this line of play? Spewy/Calling stationy? Not a large sample size on these guys, MP1 was 33/27/7 over a 15 hand sample and 1 sample on MP2 with 59BBs. My stats were 22/14/2.

I think I'd 4Bet big preflop - I don't mind playing for stacks with AKs and it should get rid of some of the crappy suited connectors/pocket pairs that might want to see a cheapish flop.

I think your postflop play was fine.

Comment

Hi Nash,

I might 3b the opener initially, but don't hate flat calling.. just understand in doing so we are inviting a multi-way pot and will need to improve to be putting more money in post. AKs plays well enough multi-way though.

I really wouldn't like a big 4b preflop, as I definitely don't want to play for stacks with AKs preflop 240bb deep with V7. His 3b vs. these positions shows a lot of strength already and if we 4b and get shoved, we'll be getting 240bb's in bad or tied close to 100% of the time. It's different if we're 100bb effective but I think stacking off AK 240bb deep vs. a non-maniac is a pretty large spew.

I do agree post flop play is fine.
      Attached Files
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.