PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom AA vs flop reraise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom AA vs flop reraise

unknown He called pf so KK+ it's not likely. Then he led a 4way pot - very strong, when he reraised I put him on 2 pair+ Is my train of thought accurate? If leading here shows so much strength, shoul I just call and reevaluete on later streets?

I think you played this hand about right. When villains start doing strange minbets all the time - it normally means they're super strong and they don't know how to properly value bet.

I think there's a couple of other hands been posted recently with similar weird minbets!

Comment

Hi Pray,

I generally prefer calling the donk bet here. While the action normally can indicate a 1 pair hand betting for info or protection, or a draw, I think you've tuned in correctly that leading into 3 opponents shows more strength. And we block the nut flush draw so know he can't be on that holding.

I mean, raising is not without it's merits, but getting 3-bet on the flop stinks and when we expect a stronger donking range, we'll face that more often. We don't really want to get shut out of seeing the turn when we have a couple back door nut draws we could pick up, in addition to the cards directly helpful to us like an A or 3, plus the ability to use our position to see how he responds.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.