PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL zoom, JJ set on river on wet board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL zoom, JJ set on river on wet board

- no hud - no reads on villain preflop: - standard open raise w/ JJ, got 2 callers Flop: - wet board, cbet my overpair w/ 1 caller Turn: - bad card, villain raises. I flat called since he could be raising with draws. River: - hit my set, but backdoor flushdraw completes. Question: - should I have 3bet shoved on the turn? - is check/fold bad play on the river? or should I have bet all in. Villain again taunts 'King is good' as I have timed out.

bet/fold turn.

If you don't fold then shove. I think calling is the worst option.

Comment

Pre, Flop and Turnplay seems fine until he raises. Since it was a multiway pot and a draw got there I feel like we should be b/f turn very often now, unless we have some reads that tell is otherwise. In the case that you put him on a lot of draws like pair + draws etc. you can shove for value, but I would never be really happy getting it in here. Calling turn is tricky too as there are a lot of rivers that we won't like.

As played I would definitely shove river. He can have worse sets and 2 pair that play like this.
      Live Trainer

Comment

thanks. bad play from me i guess

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.