PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a5s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a5s

What do you think the max bet we can get on the river? Seen as i was IP he could be betting a K on the river but he could of also been betting Jx which was why i went for a 5x raise as im not interested in a small raise out of Kx, so seen as i was trying to get value from Jx how much is best to raise.

I think you sized this very well as you sized it big and got a call

I would have probably bet a touch smaller, probably $1.20 but I can't argue too much with the bigger bet size!

Comment

Hi Mike,

I think your bet sizing is good here. His river sizing looks like a K to me, not a jack, but our line makes the river raise look suspect... check back the flop, call turn, and now we're raising? It looks a lot like KK or JJ slow playing, or back door spades. JJ is rare obviously, and if he's got a K as is likely, that's also very hard to hold. Any time we back into a strong hand and a raise will look suspect based on the line we took, I like to size it larger since we tend to get looked up more in these spots.

If he comes over the top on the river, I think we should be prepared to fold.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.