PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16nl - Feeling awkward with TPGK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16nl - Feeling awkward with TPGK

Stats: UTG - VPIP: 53, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 55 SB - VPIP: 26, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 0.9, Hands: 61 I'm really not sure what I should be doing here. It just feels very awkward. My hand relatively isn't that strong once the SB cold calls on a relatively dry board. Obviously i'd be much happier vs UTG who's a fish. I also don't think our hand can go for 3 streets of value, so I decided to bet half pot OTT to get a cheap showdown instead of checking back and facing a river bet and playing the guessing game. Thoughts?

V1 is very passive both preflop and postflop, so having him lead into you rings alarm bells for me. However he might do this with worse Kx or hands like T9 or 65, so raising to isolate in position might be a good ploy I agree with your call in position, although I'd be tempted to just call and not get too attached to this hand.

V5 is super passive Postflop. However we have shown big strength so seeing him check/call looks perhaps stronger than at first sight.

I like the bet/bet/check line - charge him to see his draws and not lose too much when he turns over some weird two pair or a strange AK. I'm sure that Gareth would advocate a river value bet though...

Comment

Hi birdayy,

Pretty standard up to the turn. When SB calls our flop raise his hand looks strong to me. I'm thinking KQ,KJ,88,77. The only draw they could have is T9s and I'm not sure that would even call preflop from the SB if he did then we would need to add 87s to his range. Hands like TT/99 would fold to our flop raise. Though bet/bet/check looks okay, I think we might be giving away money by betting the turn. We are splitting with 6 combos, losing to 16 combos, and win against 4 combos of T9s. So perhaps checking back turn and folding to a river bet is better.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.