PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16nl - Interesting river spot w/ K high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16nl - Interesting river spot w/ K high

Stats: VPIP: 21, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 1.0, Hands: 307 Villain is quite fishy (not a whale) who i believe isn't capable of betting for thin value. I really don't think he'd be betting a 5x or 4x for value here. Of course he could have picked up an 8 with a random hand but I don't think it's very likely... I also think he'd bet bigger with 7x. Is it a bad spot to hero call?
    Last edited by birdayy; Sat Nov 30, 2013, 06:58 PM.

His stats don't seem particularly fishy but maybe you have some other reads that you didn't post.

Against a fish - I don't think I would even Cbet this flop as it's pretty wet and I would just check and fold on the turn to a bet unless we improve.

Against bad players you should be looking to play for value, not to try and make hero calls or bluff them off hands when they don't like to fold.

Comment

Is it a bad spot to hero call?
      Yes. This is a very bad spot to hero call imo.

AF =1 over 300 hands may in fact indicate that he can't bet for thin value, but it also indicates that he doesn't bluff very often, especially in this type of situation.

I mean, we don't beat anything, that's the main thing. We can beat JT/QT/QJ out of position floats that have no business in the pot.

I also agree with the above that his stats don't seem particularly fishy.

AK is considerably better to bluff-catch here than KJ and I don't see any compelling reason to call with either one.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.