PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl zoom any way to play this better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl zoom any way to play this better?

CO 30/20 30 hands UTG 36/7 17 hands Should I lead the flop? If checking is good then should I call or raise if someone bets? Should I check/call the river? I thought 2 pair might just call my bet but would not bet themselves.

Hi Praydk,

Calling preflop is marginal because I need to have 20x the bet in effective stacks if I want to setmine OOP.
    If we think the limper will also call then maybe its okay to call and try to squeeze some money from both players when we hit to make up for the difference.

I like how you played the hand; My plan when setmining is to continue when I hit and x/f when I miss. So here I will stick to my plan and just x/f to a bet especially when we have a SD on a flop that has FD also our hand will be vulnerable to overcards on later streets. Against some villains we can x/c river to let them bluff some missed draws but against a passive opponent betting is better because we can get called by worse hands that would rather check back when we check but will definitely call a bet.

Comment

if he is a reg. I would check/call the river since the flush draw completes.

But considering he limped preflop shows that he is a passive player. Better to bet on the river but you need to call a reraise since you are already pot committed.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.