PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JTo from BB VS SB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTo from BB VS SB

Hello, opened topic in favor of other PS player. We discussed the hand and couldn't decide was it good fold or bad fold.
    opponents stats VP10/PR5/3B0(65)AF 0.7, he is multi tabler and as he thought reg. because he couldn't think out hands that might play that way except QQ and JJ folded OTR.
    How do you range him?
    What would be your decision OTR?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...250_D30FE91C27
    Last edited by Shichi-77; Wed Nov 27, 2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

what does it mean?

Comment

Hey shichi, you're usually good about giving lots of post-flop stats ... what happened to them this time?

Anything interesting happening with the villain's:

- steal % from the sb
        - cbet flop
        - fold cbet turn
        - wtsd, w$sd
        - AF?

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
          Hey shichi, you're usually good about giving lots of post-flop stats ... what happened to them this time?

Anything interesting happening with the villain's:

- steal % from the sb
          - cbet flop
          - fold cbet turn
          - wtsd, w$sd
          - AF?
          Hello Sam, Just don't have them , we don't know anything about his post-flop stats he played just 6 hands at that moment and went to show down just one time.

Comment

Oh ... shucks

Everyone's probably going to say call, but I don't mind your fold Check-call, check-call from a tight passive reg who had initiative ... that seems to so often be bad news. And then when the tight passive goes and mini-check-raises on the river ... unless your AF was over 4 and you were aggro with draws ... shouldn't your line be looking pretty strong?

So tempting because you're getting such a good price to call, and your hand's so strong

Everyone's going to say call, I just know it ... oh well ...

Comment

I don't think the fold is horrible at all.

Is he bluffing? If not, what hands does he do this with that we can beat?

Not saying I could find a fold necessarily but QQ/QT/JJ seem plausible hands for him to have. He makes it reasonably cheap too so he doesn't seem to be trying to force us out of the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                I don't think the fold is horrible at all.

Is he bluffing? If not, what hands does he do this with that we can beat?

Not saying I could find a fold necessarily but QQ/QT/JJ seem plausible hands for him to have. He makes it reasonably cheap too so he doesn't seem to be trying to force us out of the hand.
                Isn't he losing value with checking river ? Isn't he losing value with such a small raise ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
                  Isn't he losing value with checking river ? Isn't he losing value with such a small raise ?
                  Yeah, possibly, not saying that I would play it this way as I would probably go quite a bit bigger if I was raising on the river with the nuts or what figures to be the nuts.

I'd say he was banking on the x/r being an option on the river.

Some people love to slow play and lose value when it gets checked behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
                    what does it mean?
                    It means it's a snap call. To me it's an easy fold, but i'm very good at folding. Yesterday Gareth made a training on folding good hands to river raises. Mayabe he says something about this hand.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlopes View Post
                      It means it's a snap call.
                      wow great

Comment

The only hand that makes sense is JJ but we have a blocker is it's a mega cooler if he has it.

Comment

Just a thought... but I would expect Villain to x/r with QQ, QT before the river? JJ is a possibility, but like birdayy said we have a blocker & whilst not impossible think it unlikely. Other hands that we're beating include AK, AT, KT, QJ, ... but not sure villain is capable of x/calling 2 streets & raising with AK... or overplaying AT, KT, QJ. Its a close one.

Tony
                          Last edited by Prodigy237; Wed Nov 27, 2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Price is too good to fold, specially vs an unknown player IMO. We have to be correct only 24% of the time to make a profitable call.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlopes View Post
                              Yesterday Gareth made a training on folding good hands to river raises. Mayabe he says something about this hand.
                              I don't think I'm folding, even though he's tight 1) we don't know his steal stats since they're not given and 2) blind v blind people lose their minds more than any other spot. Maybe he slow played QQ or QT, or got lucky with JJ, but I don't think we can exclude AT, KT, T9, or AK from his river range here either, and we're getting a good price. Gareth is traveling so won't be on for the next day or so, but I'll drop him a link to have a look as well, maybe he has a different take. umbup:
                              Head Live Trainer
                              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.