PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6max NL Zoom 2c/5c Folding to river value bet. Negative EV?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6max NL Zoom 2c/5c Folding to river value bet. Negative EV?

Hi there. This is quite a straight forward spot in some respects. I'm just wondering whether you think this is a +/- EV call in the long run? Cheers, Kevin.

Hi CptKevUK!

Reads on these two villains would be helpful here. AJo can be tough to play postflop, especially oop in a multiway pot. Yet, it is a strong starting hand in this spot. I would often squeeze preflop by 3betting 3x the original raise plus 1x for the caller making it 60c. This will often win the pot immidiately which is fine.

As played, I think you played the hand fine. The villain called your c-bet, but he could have many Ax hands and pocket pairs that you are beating. Checking the turn looks good.

On the river the villain bets 50% of the pot. You will need to be ahead at least 25% of the time for this call to be profitable. I would expect A6, A8, A9 and A10 as well as pocket pairs 88-KK plus some random air here often enough to make calling +ev. A read on the villain would help better determine his range.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.