PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

raise on river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raise on river?

Last edited by hendo30; Wed Nov 13, 2013, 06:53 PM.

Hi Hendo,

You haven't given any reads, but I don't see why not raise the river for value. If he's got a boat he wins, it's possible, but there are plenty of worse hands he can call with as well. Without a read we don't know how loose he'll call (like as loose as KJ?), but I think we can count on getting looked up by trips, the straight, and smaller flushes with relative confidence.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

if i raise and he re raises i cant call? and yeah no reads it was zoom

Comment

Originally posted by hendo30 View Post
        if i raise and he re raises i cant call? and yeah no reads it was zoom
        If you raise all in you won't be confronted with a call option. But yeah, I would assume a random unknown 5NL player will stack it in with worse flushes and trips at least, so I don't think we're raising half his remaining stack and folding.

Zoom is not an excuse to have no reads. Never having played with this specific villain before is.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.