PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL25 FR, AKo, nut flush draw decision on the flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL25 FR, AKo, nut flush draw decision on the flop

Hi, I just got check-raised on flop with a King-high flush draw. Was I wrong in calling here ? Best regards,
    Last edited by fmbraga; Mon Nov 11, 2013, 04:11 AM.

The problem is that we may be drawing dead if he has the A high flush, although this is unlikely.

As played, i'd prefer to call the flop, and fold to a turn barrel. Don't think there is enough implied odds for us, as when the 4 flush hits a lot of smaller flushes won't pay us off.

Comment

PLs, correct me if I'm wrong,
      Pot odds is 2.285 (5.14+4)/4.
      10 outs( if we make assumption that he wouldn't check raise nut flush OTF , and put him on sets or small flushes, because board is too wet and he is aggressive enough, and if he is bluffing we don't have even bluff catcher) draw odds 3.7, so we are in the money , aren't we? or there is some mistake in the calculation ?
      but the thing is our outs , he might play there nut flush draw that way and in that case we have just 3 outs.
      Last edited by Shichi-77; Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Hi fmbraga,

I agree with birdayy, I would call the flop c/r and fold to a big turn barrel unimproved. On the flop it's reasonable as we have a lot of cards to improve and we have position, but on the turn we're not getting a great price to call on the draw with 1 card to come considering that:

1) His bet sizing is big, which shows a lot of strength and cuts down our odds to draw
        2) We have no clean outs except for the Ad. All other outs might make us a 2nd best hand.
        3) When we do improve on the river, and make the best hand, many of those improvement cards make the board sufficiently scary so we can't get paid off. The diamonds in particular... if we hit a small diamond, we will have to pay him off when he's got the Ad, but he won't have to pay us off when he doesn't. So there's some reverse implied odds on our draw here as well.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
          PLs, correct me if I'm wrong,
          Pot odds is 2.285 (5.14+4)/4.
          10 outs( if we make assumption that he wouldn't check raise nut flush OTF , and put him on sets or small flushes, because board is too wet and he is aggressive enough, and if he is bluffing we don't have even bluff catcher) draw odds 3.7, so we are in the money , aren't we? or there is some mistake in the calculation ?
          but the thing is our outs , he might play there nut flush draw that way and in that case we have just 3 outs.
          Pot odds are correct, ~2.3-1. We do not have better odds than this to improve to the best hand, so it is not a profitable draw without implied odds (being able to win additional money on the river when we get there). In this case we don't have good implied odds really, as many cards that improve us to a winner make the board too scary to get paid off well, and we have some reverse implied odds working against us (when a small diamond comes and he's got the Ad, or when we spike a ten and he's got a flush for example).
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave .

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.