PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 NL zoom 6max - KK multiway - flop raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 NL zoom 6max - KK multiway - flop raise

UTG: 15/15/20 - 13 hands
    others ZERO hand

I had to bet flop?
    When raised I was against draw or a set, is this fold?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($6.92)
    SB ($5)
    Hero (BB) ($11.34)
    UTG ($8.28)
    MP ($3.43)
    CO ($22.14)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
    UTG raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Button calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.85, SB calls $0.85

Flop: ($3.23) Q, 6, 10 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $1.90, 1 fold, SB raises to $3.98 (All-In), Hero calls $2.08

You played the hand very well on all streets. You can't fold an overpair to a min-raise. If he's got a set or QT, then so be it. You still have outs!

Comment

fine

Comment

Given the pot odds, you need to be good only 18 percent of the time. If his range would be strictly sets : QQ,66,TT you would have 15%, but we know it is possible for him to have any other holding , like AQ, drawing hands, or some random stuff which villain would push on tilt. Given that our equity is a lot bigger than 18% I think. Calling should net you profit.
        Last edited by morduk666; Sun Nov 10, 2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

15% is surprisingly good odds against sets.

The problem I felt later when reviewing when I was CBing and I had to call a raise, I was forced to put about 80 bb to the middle in multiway pot with OP. That has to be a losing game.

He could do that with AsKs, AsQs -> call quite massive 3b and then raise AI. Problem is that Ks AND Qs are taken.
          Last edited by braveslice; Mon Nov 11, 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Hi braveslice,

With an SPR of 1.23 and at the top of our range we ain't going nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by braveslice View Post
              He could do that with AsKs, AsQs -> call quite massive 3b and then raise AI. Problem is that Ks AND Qs are taken.
              Hi brave, As you say we have the so we're blocking ... & granted Villain could be shoving with a set, s/d or f/d, but even if we're behind we still have plenty of outs so this is a call 'all day long' for me. WP. GL at the tables. Tony umbup:
              Last edited by Prodigy237; Mon Nov 11, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Ok, here is pretty much 'same' hand. I used SPR to make somewhat easy play. Granted, this time sets seemed to be more unlikely. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com Button ($4.48) SB ($5) Hero (BB) ($5) UTG ($6.81) MP ($8.39) CO ($5.02) Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q 1 fold, MP calls $0.05, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.08, Hero raises to $0.50, MP calls $0.45, 1 fold, SB calls $0.40 Flop: ($1.60) 6, 7, 9 (3 players) SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP calls $1.20, SB raises to $4.50 (All-In), Hero calls $3.30 (All-In), MP calls $3.30 Turn: ($15.10) 9 (3 players, 2 all-in) River: ($15.10) 8 (3 players, 2 all-in) Total pot: $15.10 | Rake: $0.63 Results below:

SB had 8, 8 (full house, eights over nines). Hero didn't show Q, Q (two pair, Queens and nines). MP had QsJs Outcome: SB won $14.47[/spoiler]
                Last edited by braveslice; Wed Nov 13, 2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.