PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 NL zoom 6max - river decision, str on board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 NL zoom 6max - river decision, str on board

Villain no info. Is this correct: I should fold the river because the best I can do is to chop it. I have an faint idea that Arty's blog said something like that. Yes, I'm prepared to take the heat from not betting the turn to ask this. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com Button ($5.07) SB ($6.09) BB ($3.04) UTG ($5.66) Hero (MP) ($5.39) CO ($11.41) Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, A 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds Flop: ($0.37) 5, 3, 4 (2 players) Hero bets $0.22, Button calls $0.22 Turn: ($0.81) A (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45 River: ($1.71) 2 (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $4.25 (All-In), Hero folds Total pot: $1.71 | Rake: $0.07 Results below:

Button didn't show[/spoiler]

Bet/fold the turn. Gives us more information on the strength of his hand.

If called x/f river.

Comment

I agree with birday.

When they massively overbet shove the river like this at micro-stakes, they nearly always have the nuts.

Comment

Hi braveslice Good fold! As you pointed out, at best you are splitting against another Ax. However, club flushes as well as any 6x are crushing you. The risk is just not worth the reward here. Being able to lay down spots like this is a very important part of the game. Well doneumbup: On a side note, as spand42 mentions, this big river bet is usually the nuts. At 2NL I employ the same tactic myself when certain conditions are present. The pot is small, meaning a small river bet is not earning me that much profit if called. AND I have the absolute nuts such as a full house on a flush board. Then I will often make a huge river overbet, usually all in. You get called surprizingly often. And it feels so good LOL! This doesn't work as often at higher stakes. GL and have fun at the tables! Roland GTX

Comment

Great, TY for mentoring.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.