PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl zoom call or fold small river bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl zoom call or fold small river bet?

villain 26/9 AF R 4 (37) that river bet is always value right? Im struggling with the low price thing, should I always fold this?

How many Kx do you really think he has in his range?

All hearts and straights miss, so that means that unless he did spike a random K, we still have the best hand.

He could be betting a hand like AT for value, and given the price we are getting (he needs to be value betting worse a low % of the time to make a profitable call), I'd be calling here.

Comment

Hi Praydk,

I agree with birdayy, there are not too many Kx hands that would call flop and turn; Khxh (2-3 combos at best) and I am not too worried to see an 8x because they would have raised it OTF or OTT. The only slow played hands would be TT or 88 (4 combos).
      I think we can take different river lines against different villains. But our flop/turn sizing kind of bloats the pot a bit and would leave us with a hard river b/f spot; what I'm trying to say is that sometimes I would bet the river, and sometimes x/c depending on villain. If we think villain will bet his missed draws when checked to then we need to be x/c; if we think he will check back Tx and not bluff the river with his missed draws then we should be betting small to get a call from Tx, JJ.

Though villains sizing is suspicious, it could also be a thin value bet or some weird bluff. Point is, we only need to be good roughly 20% here to make the call. So that and the board has missed draws I am calling too.

Comment

I agree with the others. I think you played the hand pretty well on all streets. If you think the villain is a bad player and might call with an underpair or a ten, then I'd definitely value bet. Otherwise the check-call is fine.

Comment

I think we can take different river lines against different villains

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.