PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL FR Zoom, AK in SB, correct to shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL FR Zoom, AK in SB, correct to shove?

Hi. Unknown villain, was I correct to shove here? Cheers, DrJ

Imo, no, he presenting {KK+, AK}

That said, 20%? zooom players would do that with much worse hands.

Comment

It is a really strong line when someone in early position raises followed by a 3bet oop and then someone in a sandwiched position 4bets. I don't see many players making this move with hands like AQ. their stack is also over 100bbs. May not seem much but if they were an unknown and they had 50bbs I would shove. It's one of them moments for me where you just have this feeling your way behind.
      If however I raise and someone 3bets and then they 4 bet, I am happy to stack off when it's HU. When It is from some in the middle of a raise and a 3bet with a decent sized stack normally I find they have the goods

Comment

I agree with Mikey's post.

I know some players are incapable of folding their big blind in zoom - but the 4Bet seems awfully strong. Calling the 4Bet and check-folding the flop is probably the way to go.

Comment

Hi DrJ,

Thanks for posting this hand, it's a spot where I see players routinely shove their stack in with AK (even at 25NL and 50NL) and I think it's a clear mistake without reads.

This guy is cold 4-betting a mp open and oop 3b, and he's doing so for a very large sizing. I would expect (without reads) that this is going to be QQ+, AKs. Maybe JJ, AKo. He is folding none of this to a shove after 4-betting to this size, and our equity against that range is between 33-40% with no single hand we're a favorite over. It's a good opportunity to get away cheaply for only 9bb's from a bad situation.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Good advice, I'll remember this the next time I end up in this situation.

Cheers,
            DrJ
            Last edited by DrJevsky294; Sat Nov 02, 2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: got funny **** in my reply

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.