PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing at loose - aggressive table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing at loose - aggressive table

I was playing at a cash table (loose table with a lot of raising 3-betting , four-betting ,All ins ) .
    ----------------
    So I started playing tight , (I play tight normally) .
    I played only hands like AA , KK ,QQ ,JJ ,T ,99 ,AQ,AJ ,AT, KQ ,KJ etc. I slow-played and called their bet preflop (except AA , KK ,QQ,AKs ; I raisedd with them) ,
    Therefore after the flop , I didn't connect that o ften and they bet and I fold .
    This made me feel like : I play few hands and even they not make my profit . I bought in two times and lost all ...
    What should be the correct startegy to play at these kind of table ? what must be standard buy-in at these tables ? ( shallow or deep stack ) ?

Hi siingh!

I always buy-in for the max allowed for that table. Also, against that type of opponent, the way that I try to play is to be tight, but I'm not being passive and reacting to their bets. When I'm going to play a hand, I'm raising.

The key is to play tighter, try to play hands in position and be aggressive back when I do play a hand.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

What kind of strategy to use , while playing at Shallow Stack table ... I was playing at that table , and tsble was really loose and aggressive (9 player ring)

Comment

I'll play TAG (tight-aggressive) and use standard bets/raises.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well thanks JWK24 , I'll try TAG at shallow stack table and gain more experience .Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.