PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2 AK middle position vs. raise from tight player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2 AK middle position vs. raise from tight player

Hello everyone! This is my first comment here. Well, today I had some difficulty on this hand. The villain was UTG+1 and he is a 10/4 after 750 hands, so a very tight player. I was in middle position with AKo and he raised all-in to 38 bbs. I thought he had a monster.

Maybe he was multi tabling and miss clicked? Saying that sometimes when you have loads of hands on someone they show a hand down and they have..... raise UTG with 94o or something stupid. One of them well I wasn't expecting that moments

Comment

I think it's a mis-click or a tilt-shove. You don't say if this was a Zoom table, or if the player was multitabling, so it's a bit of a mystery. Against a player with stats of 10/4 over a sample of that size, I would usually fold AK, as you're flipping at best. If he'd just made a standard raise, then calling would be best, with the aim being to try and out-flop his QQ/JJ. Even folding wouldn't be a bad option, as you're unlikely to win a big pot even when you hit.

Hope this helps!
      Cheers,
      Arty
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you for your comments guy!
        I was at a standard table at NL2 9-max.
        I don't remember if it was at this hand but I think he had a bad beat the previous hand with AA.
        I was putting him at a QQ+ and AQs range, but that move didn't make sense, because if he wanted to get value from the hand he rise big, rather then go all-in. I called, but on a normal situation I think I had fold like 80% of times, cause a raise all-in UTG from a 10/4 is usually a monster.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.