PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Zoom (6max) A9s (Btn) vs 'all in' OTF + 1 caller [CO]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Zoom (6max) A9s (Btn) vs 'all in' OTF + 1 caller [CO]

Stats / Information: Villain 6 [CO]: VPIP: 17 | PFR: 6 | 3B: 0 (49 hands) Hero [BTN]: VPIP: 20 | PFR: 14 | 3B: 5 (105 hands) Villain 3 [BB]: No information / short stack Addtl Notes V6 [CO]: Called 3bets OOP with TT & donks flop with top pair or better. Pre-flop: Hero: Villain 3 [UTG] R + 1 caller Villain 6 [CO]... I opt to flat IP Flop: Action flop... I flop nut f/draw & GS. Original PFR checks & V6 [CO] bets, I opt to call & V3 shoves 'all in'. V6 [CO] then flats... Hero??? Question[s]: What is my optimal line / next action given post-flop action? Tony [Prodigy237]

I'd prefer squeezing preflop with a hand like A9s because it's so often dominated post flop and when we flop an A we are going to be playing the guessing game.

Anyway, given we flat pre and call the cbet, I think we have a pretty no brainer reshove once V6 calls V3's shove.

We have a tonne of outs if we are behind and if V6 folds we pick up a bit of dead money and isolate the short stack. We can never fold with the amount of money in the middle so we may as well get it in.

Comment

Hi Tony,

I think the call with a suited Ace is okay MW. With a gutshot, overcard and NFD I think I'm raising the flop and getting it in. Against hands like {JJ, TT, 77, KQ, JT, 98} we are even money.

Comment

Hi George & birdayy, Thank you for your comments / feedback. Just wanted to check that I was correct in getting it 'all in' OTF. Here's how the hand played out! Tony [Prodigy237] umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.