PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i right in thinking he never has AA KK pre here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i right in thinking he never has AA KK pre here?

why? these stakes he can have anything.

Comment

fast never would be better word on the board like this there's left one hand of AA and one hand of KK it's just 0.25% of hand range

Comment

** moved to NLHE Cash Hand Analysis **
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I wouldn't say "never", because villains at these stakes tend to make all manner of fancy plays. 4-betting with KK+ would be standard for villain, so when he just flats you're usually looking at a range of QQ-TT/AQ+, although he might have much worse.
          As played, I'd usually make a continuation bet on this board, but checking can work too, if you want QQ/JJ to take a stab at the pot. If you take the check-call line on the flop, then check-raising the turn makes most sense to me. If villain trapped you with KK+, then it's kind of a cooler. With top 2 in a 3-bet pot, you're pot-committed and have to stack off (you're not folding to a river bet on a blank, are you?) so get the money in on the turn, expecting to beat AQ, and freeroll against AK with no flush draw. When you check-call turn as well, I think villain is shoving most rivers, but I wouldn't want to take the risk of him checking behind with AQ, that will be worried you have him beat, so I'd lead out on this river for maximum value.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

i was just thinking with the check river if i jam looks like iv slow played a monster..... its not my normal line but was so sure i was good as i said cant see him not 4 betting with AA KK and he never has 33 so wanted to make it look like i had QQ JJ or on some kinda draw

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              With top 2 in a 3-bet pot, you're pot-committed and have to stack off
              100bb deep sure, not 200, imo.

Edit: misread your post, if you're check-raising the turn yeah I suppose you'll be pot committed by that point. Though I think x/c flop x/r turn is FPS to the max and totally unnecessary (Just as a general sentiment, I realise you weren't advocating it explicitly) In addition, not sure what hands exactly we're expecting to call us that are much worse if we x/r turn, we have that board pretty crushed and our line will look n*tt*d (apparently salt snacks are a swearword, who knew?! :P) as hell.

I would like a bigger 3b preflop personally and very rarely checking the flop. You flopped a strong hand, it's 2NL bet,bet,bet, get the money in! :P

As for the AA/KK, almost never.
              Last edited by AceKingBlows; Thu Oct 31, 2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.