PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Cash w/ KQs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Cash w/ KQs

Home game that is 0.25/0.50 with a $100 buy in.

I'm $115 deep and BB is $200 deep. He's a weird player who I haven't played with before but takes super spewey lines from what i've seen.

Table is 9 handed. UTG limps and 4 other players limp along.

I'm in the SB and overlimp with KhQh.

BB checks.

Flop: KsKdTh

I lead out for $2.75 into a pot of $3.

BB raises to $11.50, everybody folds, and I call his raise.

Turn: 2d

I check to the BB who goes all in ($100 into $35).

Hero ???

Having not played with this guy I don't know if he's stupid enough to check AK in the BB, so the only value range that is beating is AK, KT and TT.

Would you call off here?

-birdayy

Hi Birdayy,

I would snap call here. Weird player who takes super spewy lines is probably going to table K-rag in this spot the vast majority of the time. And some % of the time QJ, or Tx. I doubt he's doing this often with KT because he expects you to fold to his overbet shove. I mean, bad players do things that make no sense all the time, so it's possible he shows you the odd KT, AK, or TT. But trust me, he will show you enough Kx and random nonsense to make up for those few times he stacks you. Also when behind you are never drawing dead on the river, but he can be sometimes when he's being stupid (Tx, J9, AJ).

Live small stakes home game vs. this villain as described, pretty much a fist pump call for me tbh.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.