PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK

Everyone is peeling the flop here right?

Hi mike,

No, I'm not check/peeling, out of position I think we should be continuation betting. Checking invites him to bluff us and without position we can't get to showdown if he does. In position I like checking back more when checked to in this type of spot. It's true that in terms of "value" a c-bet is very thin, no better hand will fold obviously but we can get called by draws and big suited Q's if he's loose, so there's at least some worse hands that will call. Checking is worse here imo because it invites all worse hands to bluff, or if he's not the bluffing type, take a free card and realize some of his equity. By c-betting we protect our equity and remove bluffs from his range. If we get called, we can shut it down unimproved or barrel a K or diamond.

Readless at this level this is how I see it.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

We also put our range completely face up OOP which is a recipe for disaster because any good player will just triple barrel you off your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
        We also put our range completely face up OOP which is a recipe for disaster because any good player will just triple barrel you off your hand.
        Exactly, this is what I meant by inviting him to bluff and we can't get to showdown, since we are not going to check/call down 3 streets.

Obviously it can all change with reads. Vs a big bluffer we might opt to check/call down 3 streets. Vs. a guy who never bluffs, we might check/fold the flop, but value bet later in the hand if he checks behind us.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Right ok so when were OOP were gonna still bet il make a mental note of that now, as played though do you like my all in shove?

Yh he can have a straight but i thought he should only have 4 combos of JTs and i didnt expect this player to semi bluff with a draw to be honest, anyhow i was thinking on the turn i should of lead into him rather than check shove, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.