PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl FR Zoom ATs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl FR Zoom ATs

Hi guys, Could you please tell me if you would have played this differently. Here are the stats that I have on villain VPIP/PFR/AF : 22/11/4 Over 47 hands, so quite a small sample. Pretty good stats for VPIP/PFR Not enough stats on cbet/fold to cbet or steal stats. I took it as a steal attemp, and I thought I would call, as at the time I thought that ATs can't stand a 4-bet, do you think I should have 3betted? Cheers, Pullin1988
    Last edited by pullin1988; Tue Oct 22, 2013, 03:25 PM.

Originally posted by pullin1988 View Post
    I took it as a steal attemp, and I thought I would call, as at the time I thought that ATs can't stand a 4-bet, do you think I should have 3betted?
    Hi pullin,

I generally do prefer 3-betting here to flatting as it's hard to get value from worse hands post flop when we hit our hand, and 2/3rds of the time we will flop ace high and be facing a c-bet without real confidence on how to proceed having no post flop reads. The flatting does have the merit of keeping his dominated aces and tens in, but we don't know he'll fold those to a 3b anyway.

About our hand not being able to stand a 4b, you're correct, but that's a good thing and another reason to 3b him imo... I would expect his entire 4-bet range to be strong value hands, all of which are dominating AT, so when we do get 4b we can now assume he was not in fact stealing and make a good fold, only losing .15-.18c instead of going to the flop dominated vs. a range we think is wide, which tends to be more costly in the long run.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers,

I used to 3bet these, and then went back on it, but I think I now relise more that 3betting will be more profitable given what you wrote.

Cheers,

Pullin

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.