PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom 6-max AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom 6-max AKo

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...985_29B81CD50E

6 max Zoom 5NL

stats on villian
    16/11/4 252hands

Seems standard to me.
    Unless he was value shoving river with AQ, AJ, we were probably beat there.
    We could be getting bluffed by busted flush draws, but not so often from that villain, so I like the fold.

Comment

Are we stacking off if he 4 bets us preflop, i would normally call there vs UTG open. Just a thought if we know villain would only 4bet KK and AA would the best line with AK in this spot to be 3 bet and fold pre?

Comment

Vs this tight guy i rather call preflop.

I don't see myself folding here, most players will raise their sets on that board if he didn't props to him. Doesn't seem the kind of guy to be calling a lot of trash here, fold to 3bet would help.

Comment

Hi PW,

I think the fold is good. I agree with Mike and Carlos, really not a fan of 3-betting preflop here out of position vs. an UTG opener who's a nit and 130bb effective. I would fully expect him to fold AJ to this action and he might fold AQ as well, so we are going to get continued action from a range that plays well against AK and has position on us, while folding out most of his opening range parts that we dominate. If we flat, he will never put us on AK because so many players just auto 3b it even when it's not good, so we not only keep his range as wide as possible and force his dominated hands to remain in, but we also keep our defending range very balanced as we can show up with hands like AK in the future as well as small pairs, suited broadways and connectors. (Balance not being terribly important at these stakes but regardless I think flatting the AK is more +EV than 3-betting it here).
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.