PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL KK Deepstack multiway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL KK Deepstack multiway

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com Button ($3.40) SB ($2.34) BB ($3.81) UTG ($0.91) Hero (MP) ($5.94) CO ($3.96) Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.14, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.08 Flop: ($0.44) 10, 7, 7 (3 players) SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40 Turn: ($1.24) 5 (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70 River: ($2.64) 4 (2 players) Hero checks, Button bets $2.16 (All-In), Hero folds Total pot: $2.64 | Rake: $0.09 Results below:

Button didn't show[/spoiler] Had no hands on villain. What is the best line? 5bet and cry fold if he 6bets?

... why are we calling pre?

As played, call down. He can be doing this with JJ - QQ for value given we called pre.
    Last edited by birdayy; Tue Oct 08, 2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hi MrFlopes, We have a premium hand & get lots of action. I am 4betting p/f to $0.65 - $0.75 [SB only calls BTN's 3bet] to isolate... & jamming 'all in' if BTN 5bets. If he has AA or TT, then so be it. As played, I'm with birdayy & calling OTR. GL @ the tables. BR Tony [aka Prodigy237] umbup:
      Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 08, 2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Hi, birdayy. I'im calling pre because i'm deep and don't want to fold to a 6bet. Don't know if we're deep enough to fold it pre, tought. Deepstack poker OOP is a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy237 View Post
          Hi MrFlopes, We have a premium hand & get lots of action. I am 4betting p/f to $0.65 - $0.75 [SB only calls BB's 3bet] to isolate... & jamming 'all in' if BB 5bets. If he has AA or TT, then so be it. As played, I'm with birdayy & calling OTR. GL @ the tables. BR Tony [aka Prodigy237] umbup:
          Hi, Prodigy. Yeah, i guess with the SB call there is already too much money in the pot, we must raise. And it's 2NL mistake prone, i can find worse hands going in vs KK, deepstack.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlopes View Post
            Hi, birdayy. I'im calling pre because i'm deep and don't want to fold to a 6bet. Don't know if we're deep enough to fold it pre, tought. Deepstack poker OOP is a mess.
            Hi MrFlopes, If you're not comfortable playing 'Deepstack' poker & its affecting your decisions... when you reach 200BB close down the table[s] & 'buy in' again with 100BB. BR Tony [aka Prodigy237] umbup:

Comment

Hi MrFlopes,

I agree with the other posters. I like a preflop 4b here to about .38, especially so after the SB cold calls the 3-bet... we don't have reads given but the SB taking this action is either a fish or has a big hand that is not AA (as he'd probably 4b AA himself). Either way we want to be getting more money in against the SB and maybe isolating him if the 3-bettor releases.

As played, I'm snap calling this river. Put yourself in the button's shoes and pretend you hold JJ or QQ... after you get check/called twice, would you still think you're good on this river? Of course, and so does he. We lose to TT and AA, beat JJ/QQ, so right there we are a 4-3 favorite to have the best hand over his pure value betting range, AND we pick off any busted spades that are bluffing or other pure steals, which there could be some small % of. Our line has underrepped our hand strength and created a situation where the button will be betting all in with more worse hands than better ones vs. KK.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Langolier. Yes, totally understand the pre-flop play. Post-flop, in villain shoes, i personaly would never be abble to bet 100bbs with an overpair. So that's why i can't call it either. Prodigy, i know. But i have to start playing deepstack to learn it. Thx, guys. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                  Hi MrFlopes,

I agree with the other posters. I like a preflop 4b here to about .38, especially so after the SB cold calls the 3-bet... we don't have reads given but the SB taking this action is either a fish or has a big hand that is not AA (as he'd probably 4b AA himself). Either way we want to be getting more money in against the SB and maybe isolating him if the 3-bettor releases.

As played, I'm snap calling this river. Put yourself in the button's shoes and pretend you hold JJ or QQ... after you get check/called twice, would you still think you're good on this river? Of course, and so does he. We lose to TT and AA, beat JJ/QQ, so right there we are a 4-3 favorite to have the best hand over his pure value betting range, AND we pick off any busted spades that are bluffing or other pure steals, which there could be some small % of. Our line has underrepped our hand strength and created a situation where the button will be betting all in with more worse hands than better ones vs. KK.
                  Hi Dave,

Can I ask about your 4b size here... Should we not make it larger to isolate i.e. 3x 3bet + 1 caller [SB], so $0.56 [minimum] OOP... otherwise is there a risk both the BTN & SB come along for the ride?

Thanks,

Tony [aka Prodigy237]
                  Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 08, 2013, 06:51 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.