PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25nl Zoom: Check/calling OTR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25nl Zoom: Check/calling OTR

Stats - VPIP: 54, PFR: 31, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 13 Just a quick check on my line here. I think bet/bet/bet is a little bit optimistic for top pair ok kicker. I think he'll have a lot of missed draws when the board pairs, so if we want to get value, we should be check/calling to let our hand be a bluff catcher. Do you think this extracts more value than b/b/b? What range do you assign the villain when he flats pre and calls our bets? -birdayy

not 86 for sure , I think you can't get value with river bet, but you can catch his missed draws

Comment

Hi birdayy,

Very limited read with only 13 hands, but thus far he's been laggy. A note for those looking at the AF and saying it doesn't look aggressive post flop... I wouldn't make that determination on a 7 hand sample (he's voluntarily played 7/13 hands so far) where he's likely been involved with wide ranges and thus flopping weaker than average holdings.

Ok, so yeah, I like this line when there are a lot of draws and most of them miss vs. a player like this. Against a tighter player there's really only a flush draw bricking here, but against this villain I expect he's chasing gut shots on the turn as well, so the only combo of gutters that get there is 67... 68/78/JT/QT/QJ all miss. So his range here is probably mostly weaker hands... Kx, 9x, busted spades, and busted gutters that either did or did not pair the 8. Since a laggy player may well bet Kx themselves when checked to, we still get value from his garbage like K3s check/calling, but also give him a chance to bluff.

The key questions to ask in a spot like this are:

-Will they bluff a busted draw, or just give up?
      -Will they "value bet" worse made hands, or just check and show them down?

Since this guy is probably a candidate to do some of both, c/c is a good way to exploit it. If he were a negative on both, we should bet again.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.