PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL Zoom (6 max) - 99 (CO) Vs All in OTR (BTN)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL Zoom (6 max) - 99 (CO) Vs All in OTR (BTN)

My stats: VPIP 16; PFR 13; 3B 3 (279) No information on Villain, other than he started the hand with less than 50BB... so didn't have him down as a reg. Pre-flop: I raised with 99 (CO). Villain (BTN) called. Flop: Opted to Cbet with o/pair OTF & Villain called. Turn: Turn card wasn't a great card as straights got there & now there was also a f/draw as well... But not wanting to give a free card decided to bet again (1/2 pot) & was planning to fold to a raise. Villain called. River: Horrible river card. After checking... Villain moves 'all in' Questions: 1). What hands would Villain call 2 streets & shove OTR? 2). If Villain has hands like 6x; 4x; 55; 78... Would he not raise beforehand? 3). Is there any argument for a call OTR... or is it an easy fold? Welcome your comments / feedback? BR Tony [aka Prodigy237]
    Last edited by Prodigy237; Mon Oct 07, 2013, 11:49 PM.

1). What hands would Villain call 2 streets & shove OTR?

- He has low 3bet, so TT-QQ, 55, 66 and 44.

2). If Villain has hands like 6x; 4x; 55; 78... Would he not raise beforehand?

- 55 and 4x would be bad to raise, 6x and 78 some would raise other don't.

3). Is there any argument for a call OTR... or is it an easy fold?

easy fold, he would have to be floating with some back door draws to have a bluff here, don't really think he shoves 77 and 88 here, if he had somethink like A3d, he now has two pair with A kicker so he would check.

You played the hand well IMO.

Comment

Hi Prodigy,

I think Villian can start with 25% of hands
      {TT-22, AQo-A7o, AQs-A2s, KQo-65o, KJo, KQs-54s, KJs-QTs, KTs}

OTF, I think we might be floated with almost his entire calling range but when
      we bet the turn he will fold his misses and continue with:

{TT-22, A8o, A7o, A8s-A2s, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad9d, KdQd, KdJd, KdTd, QdJd, QdTd, JdTd, Td9d, 98-54}

Though some hands might raise the turn, with their stack size I think both SD valueand strong hands can just call down.

By the river their range will constitute of:
      . 19% Fullhouse+
      . 12% Straight
      . 15% Overpairs
      . 3% Middle pair
      and 51% no made hands

So now the question is whether they are capable of bluffing the river with their misses or not because against
      their Overpairs, straights+ we have 21% equity and the pot odds says we need 32% to make the call. Though some hands might elect to check back the river too.

Comment

Hi George & Carlos, Thank you for your comments / feedback [... as always]. This was such a tough spot OTR... In short, I tried to narrow Villain's calling range p/f which had me beat e.g. PPs 66, 55, 44; Ax combos A6, A4; connectors / FH combos 65, 64, 54, 43 & s/draws 78, 32. However, I struggled with the idea that the Villain could resist 'not' raising with these hands OTF or OTT [... with some poss exceptions] & similarly with o/pairs as would expect them to raise p/f with QQ - TT etc Vs open raise (CO). I can also see why it should be a fold... & would 'snap' fold against a reg in this spot, but in the end decided to make the call Vs unknown Recr Player for reasons above. Here's how the hand played out. Thanks again. Tony [aka Prodigy237] umbup:
        Last edited by Prodigy237; Tue Oct 08, 2013, 06:19 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.