PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25nl Zoom: River Decision with OP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25nl Zoom: River Decision with OP

Stats - VPIP: 40, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 5 These types of players NEVER fold to a flop raise on this type of texture hence the huge sizing. Plus it allows me to setup stacks to shove the river if necessary. So.. What range do you assign the villain, and how do you play the river? -birdayy
    Last edited by birdayy; Fri Oct 04, 2013, 06:46 PM.

This is a tough one, i think this is never a straight or a FH, because he would have check-raised or 3bet flop, so its either a 3 or busted draws, the 3's that i can imagine he having are 53s, 23s maybe Ac3c.

All the busted draws and the wear line makes me want to call, but don't know normally big bets from recreational players normally means big hand.

Comment

Hi birdayy,

I'm not sure what type of player "these" are tbh, since we only have 5 hands of data, but given that he's played 2 of them voluntarily for calls preflop, maybe he'll end up loose.

At any rate, I would call him here. His value range that's beating us is 3x, but his value range that he's value owning himself with includes 99-JJ as well, and he can be bluffing a busted draw sometimes. It would seem unlikely he'd have a full house here since 2 pair or sets should be raising before the river, but then again if he does end up being a bad player, they do things that make no sense all the time.

I played a hand similar to this last night actually, vs. a very loose-passive preflop villain, I had KK and he tabled QQ which he no doubt thought was good. So yeah, unpredictable, line that makes no sense and possibly bad = call here for me.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
        Hi birdayy, I'm not sure what type of player "these" are tbh, since we only have 5 hands of data, but given that he's played 2 of them voluntarily for calls preflop, maybe he'll end up loose. At any rate, I would call him here. His value range that's beating us is 3x, but his value range that he's value owning himself with includes 99-JJ as well, and he can be bluffing a busted draw sometimes. It would seem unlikely he'd have a full house here since 2 pair or sets should be raising before the river, but then again if he does end up being a bad player, they do things that make no sense all the time. I played a hand similar to this last night actually, vs. a very loose-passive preflop villain, I had KK and he tabled QQ which he no doubt thought was good. So yeah, unpredictable, line that makes no sense and possibly bad = call here for me.
        I assumed he was a loose passive fish due to preflop and postflop tendancies. I also called. I agree his line didn't make sense, and if he has a 3, so be it. Here's the whole hand:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.