PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl river play with AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl river play with AA

No reads on villain (less than 10 hands) I thought the flop hit his range, he could have a pair or straight draw. I bet for value and the same on the turn. When he called 2 streets I wasn't too comfortable with my over-pair anymore. The river brought also the small end of a straight with any 7x hand. If he flopped 2 pairs,the straight or trips I thought he would have raised the flop or turn, although with the bet sizing I would have been all in with all 3 streets anyway so he could have just called as well. Initially I wanted to fold the river if facing a big bet but I ended up calling Any thoughts ?

Hi 6attitude9,

Readless, worrying about a straight here is totally unnecessary imo. It would seem extremely unlikely he holds a 7 in his hand the way this has played out... remember he open raised, called a 3b, and called 2 post flop barrels. There is no holding containing a 7 that this action sequence makes sense for (*readless*... this is why reads are so important, after this hand is shown down we now know that he could in fact hold 77, since he played 88 this way).

I would call the river bet here too, I think we are getting shown AK or KQ a lot here, or picking off a busted AQ/AJ that was chasing a gutter and is bluffing now.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.