PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 NL zoom 6max - Did I miss a betting round?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 NL zoom 6max - Did I miss a betting round?

Villain: 143 hands, reg aggressive tag, 22/18/6, AF=8

Did I miss one betting round on turn or on river?

Pre: standard

Flop: standard

Turn: raising: I probably has best hand, and would get a call from Ax, checking: he is aggressive, he called A-hi flop he has something or bluf but nothing major when not raising

River: raising small, no idea what he has or what to do. Calling is most logical thing to do though - for me that is.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($32.44)
    SB ($4.38)
    BB ($5.80)
    UTG ($5.48)
    MP ($5.67)
    Hero (CO) ($11.57)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A
    2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 8, 3, A (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) 6 (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.72) 9 (2 players)
    BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Total pot: $1.32 | Rake: $0.05

Personally I wouldn't try to induce bluffs from him unless he has a smallish wtsd%. Else I just bet 3 streets for value here.

Comment

I wasn't really trying to induce bluffs, just thinking he is not strong enough to call 3 streets. My plan shattered on river, where he made a very annoying bet. His WTS=2/18
      Last edited by braveslice; Fri Sep 27, 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

The flop is so dry that I'd sometimes actually check back in position against half-decent players, as you'll rarely get three streets from worse if you come out firing. If you check back, then hands like TT-88 will pay you off on later streets. As played, a pot-control line of bet-check-bet is also fine. Here the villain bets out on the river, and he'll do this with worse aces and underpairs, as well as random hands that sucked out a set, two pairs, or a straight. Calling is the only good option.
        There's nothing really wrong with your line at all. If villain was more stationy, then bet-bet-bet would be best. But putting money in the pot on two streets against a 22/18 is about the best you can hope for with one pair. Nice hand.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty, I'm happy to hear.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.