PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 NL zoom 6max - did I miss value by reraising?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 NL zoom 6max - did I miss value by reraising?

Villain: 25 hands, 28/16/0, F3B=1/2, AF=3, WWSF=3/5, WSD=1/1 pre: decided to call against somewhat loose opener flop: has to bet, he calls turn: with flush: i has to bet?, re-raise: he had flush or bluff anyways probably not enough to call re-raise. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/ Button ($5.97) SB ($5) BB ($12.34) UTG ($6.37) Hero (MP) ($6.06) CO ($5.05) Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A UTG raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, 4 folds Flop: ($0.31) 6, 9, Q (2 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $0.24, UTG calls $0.24 Turn: ($0.79) 4 (2 players) UTG checks, Hero bets $0.48, UTG raises to $0.96, Hero raises to $2.30, 1 fold Total pot: $2.71 | Rake: $0.11 Results below:

Hero didn't show K, A.[/spoiler]

Against a loose opener I would generally 3-bet for value with AK, although I tend to give UTG opens a bit more credit for a made hand, so will sometimes just call. It's puzzling that he doesn't c-bet the monotone flop, as I would be c-betting here almost always. You can bet the flop or check behind, as you have a huge draw. When you turn the nuts, betting for value is obviously correct. Villain's check-raise is puzzling. His flop line looked like something like JJ or TT with or without a spade, or perhaps something like JTo. His turn check min-raise doesn't make much sense, because he clearly can't have the nuts and be looking to get paid. I think it's probably an ill-timed bluff. On the occasions where he has the , I think he'll pay you off, but JJ with the Js probably isn't calling a turn 3-bet, as you're repping the . Although I'm usually a fan of fastplaying big hands, and would often raise the turn to set up an obvious river shove, in this particular situation, I prefer just calling the turn minraise in position, as this will usually lead to villain shoving the river with the worst hand. By re-raising, you allow him to fold all his weak hands and bluffs, when you'd prefer he stuck around and fired again on the river. Hope this helps! Cheers, Arty
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't see why we should shove OTT with the nuts. We aren't afraid of many cards OTR, and since we are IP, we can just call and shove if he bets or checks.

Comment

You know what, this is first time I remember you guys here told me to slow play.

Great explanation Arty.

birdayy, totally agree, however what it makes difficult is that mostly when I think what you said, the hand is deemed badly played here So for me there is lots to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by braveslice View Post
          You know what, this is first time I remember you guys here told me to slow play.

Great explanation Arty.

birdayy, totally agree, however what it makes difficult is that mostly when I think what you said, the hand is deemed badly played here So for me there is lots to learn.
          It's not really slow play. You've bet and he raised, helping you get more money in the pot, you have position so you can see whether he fires again on the river. If he doesn't then you can bet. You've taken aggressive lines on each street post flop.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.