PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max Zoom- mistakes calling / folding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max Zoom- mistakes calling / folding

Did I do something wrong? PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com Button ($5.32) SB ($5.26) BB ($5) Hero (UTG) ($5.12) MP ($12.52) CO ($2.65) Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold Flop: ($0.35) 2, 6, K (2 players) SB checks, Hero checks Víllain: 3 hands, 67/50/0, WWSF =2/2 pre: standard flop: for raise: QQ is scared for flush and A, for check: probably aggressive villain and lots of showdown value turn: i cant really beat but bluff, however i have nut draw, if he has K or A there is no point of raising? river: still possible bluff but A and K too scary. Turn: ($0.35) A (2 players) SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16 River: ($0.67) 5 (2 players) SB bets $0.48, Hero folds Total pot: $0.67 | Rake: $0.03 Results below:

SB didn't show[/spoiler]

I think you played this one fine. I would generally check behind on the flop, as you're unlikely to get called by worse if you c-bet. You could also get two streets of value from worse pairs (e.g. TT-88) if you check the flop. The turn is a mixed blessing, as you now only have third pair, but you picked up the NFD. Calling a half pot bet is standard, but you're pretty much always losing. River fold looks fine to me. There's too much that beats you, and villain seems to be betting for value with that sizing. Since you lose to Ax, Kx and all flushes, the fold looks good. Well played, just a bad runout.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Would have played it the same.

Comment

Great ty!

Lost 1/3rd of my roll yesterday, that is my record! -> explains the paranoia

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.