PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to define 3 bet value range?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to define 3 bet value range?

When a hero 3 bets for value, I have seen two different definitions for value range.

a) 3 bet range the hero is ready to AI against villain
    b) Hands hero thinks he has 55% equity against villain’s range

Both can’t be true at the same time, most of the time. Both are quite reasonable, understandable and logical definitions.

a) The stat we should look here is probably villains 4b %. This a bit funny if villain’s PFR is 40% but 4 bet % is 1. So we are not really value betting anything but AA.

b) Here we should look villains PFR.

Ok, found third definition:

c) is the range villain is going to call with worse.
    Last edited by braveslice; Mon Sep 23, 2013, 02:40 PM.

After some though and doing my first range, I almost got it right (reviewed by the one and only geoVARTA) , the only outcome is that the value range is the c)

Comment

Yep, it's C. A value-bet or a value-raise is one that can get called by worse hands. Generally speaking, if your valuebet or value-raise won't get called by worse, then you shouldn't make the bet.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Roger that! Thx Arty.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.