PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i have played this differently?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i have played this differently?

hi all few questions here,, is my 66percent flop bet ok? or too low/high? ,, also, should I be shooting again on turn? on river, with his donk $2 probe bet, should I have 5 or even 6 bet? or should I be folding? all feedback welcome tks hanny
    Bracelet Winner

Hi hanny!

Good raise preflop for value.
    I think your cbet size is decent. Anything between 5$-6$ is standard I think.
    I don't like this flop too much tbh, but I'd cbet it anyways and my plan is to cbet smaller here because I want to put a 2nd barrel on good turn cards to put pressure on hands like JJ-77. I think we got a good opportunity to do so on this turn; Qh I would bet 1/2 pot

Another way we could play this hand is to check back the flop, and go for a delayed cbet or bluff catch on later streets. So I think cbetting is the standard line, delayed cbet is an alternative, and bluff catch with Ace high is a special line against an aggressive, bluff happy, opponent. So depends on our villain and how they perceive us.

OTR, If I were to call it's basically a price to pay to see his cards. I'd never expect myself to win there. But his bet size looks either: weak, or superstrong inducing a raise. I don't think they will bet so small with a 9x. Qx might take a x/c line. So it's either a weak one pair hand, or a monster. Interesting to see what they will do if we raise it here to 10$
    Last edited by geoVARTA; Sat Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.