PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl FR Zoom - AQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl FR Zoom - AQ

Hi guys, Again this part of my losing streak in one session. Please could you analyse my hand below. I understand that I didn't raise enough preflop it should have been 3xbb + limper's bet. Cheers, Pullin

Hi Pullin,

This is another one you played fine. Other than the small pre-flop error of only making it 3bb when there's a limper UTG, your line looks standard. A 4bb raise might have dissuaged the SB from calling, but there's nothing you can do about him check-calling with a gutshot and hitting runner-runner trips.

As played, the donkbet by the UTG player is pretty scary. He limped pre, then potted AJ6. This looks a lot like a set of 6s, as donking with a set on a multiway board like this is sometimes the best line. I wouldn't be folding top pair just yet though. On the turn, you have a gutterball to go with the top pair, and now the villain bets small, you definitely have to call. It's possible the limp-call donker just has a ragged ace or a flush draw. I think I'd just call, because once again you're way ahead or way behind, and will only value-cut yourself if you raise. River is a check behind for me too. Well played, unlucky.

Try not to get upset by bad results. If you played the hand correctly, then you won some "Sklansky bucks", and you'll make real money in the long run when villains make bets or calls with worse.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.