PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl FR Zoom - JJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl FR Zoom - JJ

Hi guys, Please could you analyse my hand below. This hand was part of my losing streak that I had. Cheers, Pullin

This is basically a cooler and I'd play it exactly the same way. You have an overpair, but you're usually way ahead or way behind. Villain could be barrelling the turn with worse hands (flush draw, A9, JT, TT) but there's also some hands that have you crushed (sets, QQ+). The third barrel is pretty scary, but villain's range hasn't changed much. Only 76s got there. I'd call, particularly because the price is fairly cheap, but wouldn't expect to be good all that often, as you're only really beating TT, A9 and triple-barrels with missed draws.

I like that you kept the pot small in this hand, so you lost the minimum. If you'd raised at any point, you would have got value-owned. Well played, just unlucky villain hit his 2 outer on the flop, and the board ran out in a way that you can't ever fold.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.