PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions for tags?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for tags?

hi there I felt a bit tilty and got involved in the following hand,, I know I have no odds to call, and I know its a very bad preflop call, but, my question is,, what kind of notes should I be making on the 2 villains who took it to showdown?,, villain 1 mucked QQ and villain 4 AA all feedback welcome tks hanny
    Last edited by hannyug; Wed Sep 18, 2013, 07:28 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

I would make the following notes:
    Villain 4> cold calls AA after huge 3bet preflop.
    Villain 1> 3bets 20BB with QQ preflop.
    Hero> calls a 20BB 3bet preflop with 77.
    Last edited by GamblingProp; Wed Sep 18, 2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

ok,tks for this gp,, I was thinking more on the lines of tagging the players according to type, like, eg,, nit, maniac, slp, etc, but, I guess I need more hands on them to do this?

hanny
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi hannyug,

Yes, we should fold to the 3bet. Odds of hitting a set is 9:1 which means we have to make atleast 10x the bet we have to call when we are set mining or 3.8$ which we don't have.

Nice catch

Comment

Can't say much about Villain 1, but Villain 4 should have 4bet - so I'd note that and maybe tag em as "fish/weak" whatever you want to name it

Comment

ok, I thot when calculating the possible return I total up ALL possible effective stacks? which means, $1.9 from v4 and $2.4 from v1, giving a total of $4.3, which is more than 10x the 38cents I had to call?,, or am I making a mistake and I should only calculated according to MY stack and not total of ALL available stacks?

hanny
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't think your calculations are correct since you need 17x to flop a set but even if they were, they wont stack off every time that you hit a set and a decent amount of time one of them will hit a higher set.
              Last edited by GamblingProp; Thu Sep 19, 2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Villain 1: Overbet squeezed with QQ in position, couldn't fold an overpair to double shove.
                Villain 4: Minraised AA UTG, just called big squeeze. Donk shoved with overpair.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks arty, this helps a lot

hanny
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

I would do "ATW with OP" and "min open strong (1)"
                    Last edited by braveslice; Sun Sep 29, 2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.