PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max Zoom, ok play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max Zoom, ok play?

Both villains unknown. My gut feeling on river was to fold.

Opinions?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($5.90)
    Hero (SB) ($5.60)
    BB ($6.74)
    UTG ($2.57)
    MP ($5)
    CO ($15.08)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
    2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Button raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.36, 1 fold, CO calls $0.23

Flop: ($1.19) J, 10, 5 (3 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets $0.42, Hero calls $0.42, CO calls $0.42

Turn: ($2.45) 5 (3 players)
    Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks

River: ($2.45) 5 (3 players)
    Hero bets $1.40, CO raises to $8.80, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.40 (All-In)

The only hands he might have that make sense are A5ss, TT, JJ and sometimes KK.
    I don't know why he wouldn't raise flop with a set or an overpair, and I don't know if he would ever raise so big with a Jx on the river.
    Although my gut also says to fold, I usually end up being a calling station on these situations.
    Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Sep 10, 2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I think QQ its good enough on this spot to get it in preflop.

Call river, you only have to be good here like 28-30% of the time, and there is a chance he does this with any J, since your hand its under-represented.
      Last edited by CaRLoS_DZ87; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 08:15 AM. Reason: misread the hand.

Comment

Hi braveslice,

Against unknown my standard line would be to 4bet/get-it-in with QQ preflop. The problem with calling is we give the CO a good price to call and outdraw us and our equity diminishes multiway with QQ.

As played, I think I would call off on the river.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.