PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

easy sheep, tough fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy sheep, tough fold?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players Hand converted by PokerTracker 4 BTN: $7.97 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3) SB: $11.97 (VPIP: 12.86, PFR: 11.17, 3Bet Preflop: 4.84, Hands: 823) BB: $11.53 UTG: $7.53 (VPIP: 17.31, PFR: 17.31, 3Bet Preflop: 18.18, Hands: 55) Hero (MP): $7.36 CO: $5.00 (VPIP: 13.95, PFR: 12.79, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 88) SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05 Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond: fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BTN calls $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10 Flop: ($0.47, 3 players) 7:spade: 9:spade: 8:spade: BB bets $0.95, fold, BTN calls $0.95 Turn: ($2.37, 2 players) 3:club: BB bets $2.75, BTN calls $2.75 River: ($7.87, 2 players) 6:club: BB bets $4.15, BTN calls $4.12 and is all-in ok guys, some might say its an easy "sheep" shove in this spot, but I actually folded imma nit.. NOT! as some of the folks here that know me better might atest to jus reckon that i might be drawing really slim here or actually dead cos its sooo freakin wet whaddaya guys think?
    Bracelet Winner

It's definitely not a standard shove.
    I might call flop and reevaluate turn, but I don't blame you for folding.
    An overbet on that flop probably indicates a low flush or a made straight and rarely a big combo draw.
    And obviously you are a nit!
    Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Sep 10, 2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblingProp View Post
      It's definitely not a standard shove.
      I might call flop and reevaluate turn, but I don't blame you for folding.
      An overbet on that flop probably indicates a low flush or a made straight and rarely a big combo draw.
      And obviously you are a nit!

okok GP..

imma closet case one, if that makes any sense??
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Probably the worst board ever to flop a set on :-) I'm not good at folding sets when I should but having said that I'm never folding to a Donk bet on the flop. You're only drawing dead to a straight flush and thin to 9 9. Does he really Donk twice the pot with those? OK you've still got the guy to act behind you but no reason yet to think he has you crushed. Even in the event someone has a flush you still have plenty of outs. I'd call and re evaluate with more info later. Its true you could re-raise to fold out any flush draws But I'd like to see the guy behind act and the turn before I decide how much I like it.
        I think by the River this is a fold. But on the flop no.
        Rob.

Comment

Hi wikked76

Yikes, sick flop! I like your fold here for several reasons. Firstly, you don't have pot odds to call the overbet on the flop. With this board we can be pretty sure we will need to improve to a full house in order to win the pot. And, a boat may still end up being second best hand to a straight flush. You just won't make a boat often enough. Although, your implied odds to stack at least one villain if you do make a full house are great. Secondly, the btn has position on us. If we call the flop bet, he may come over the top putting us in an even worse position.

If you had been in better position and/or the bb had made a smaller bet, then I would consider calling on the flop and reevaluating on the turn. As it is, nice fold! You minimized your losses letting go of a strong, but second best hand.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

hey Greg,

thanks for the reply.

was having s lil discussion on skype over this spot, some or rather most were saying they'd jus jam the flop for whats its worth.

i was thinking about it, n jus decided to let it go cos i reckon the reverse implied odds were jus too great? hope im makin some sense here.

waht im trying to say is that if the board pairs up, another spade or connecting card pop by, wat am i supposed to do then? pretty tough spot i reckon n decided to jus let it go there n then with just 3 bb invested.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Jamming the flop seems kinda heavy imo. The threat of running into a made straight or flush here vs two opps is real, in which case we just value owned ourselves. Even if V3 has a pair and a flush draw (which might explain his line) we still don't know what V1 on the btn intends to do. In other words, it is not clear if we are ahead now. And if we are ahead, we need to dodge a ton of bullets on the next two streets. I wouldn't be happy building the pot in such a murky spot. I wouldn't mind seeing another card if I could do it cheaply, but that is just not the case here.

Others may play this differently, but I like your fold! The only time I'm moving all in here is when I'm on tilt. I Tweeted just such a hand a few days back... I got lucky and sucked out, but it was still a horrible play on my part.

Comment

initially i felt stupid for folding, but having played enough hands at these stakes, i think i was drawing really thin here or even dead, thus felt folding was the most +EV... i think

anyways, thanks again Greg, i don't feel that stupid, for now, and after seeing the hand play out, i was glad i folded.. not trying to be too results oriented, but yea, i was glad

glgl
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.