PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL zoom: AA, over pair on wet flop, bad turn card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL zoom: AA, over pair on wet flop, bad turn card

Villain unknown, but i put his range as J10+, A10+, KJ+ or small pairs maybe up to 1010 Just want to know if I made the right decisions in this hand and if I could of made better one's earlier in the hand

Hi Luke,

Firstly I would raise larger preflop, for pure value. Villain is limping in EP, so is probably bad/weak and will be prone to calling too loose preflop.

Post flop I would generally take a bet/fold line vs a relatively unknown preflop limp/caller. Bet for value on all 3 streets, and fold to a raise. I think this turn card is a fine one to execute this plan too... the ten coordinates well with a lot of his flop calling range, so we can bet for value vs. AJ/KJ/QJ/QT/T8 and expect to see JT/T9/33/99/TT/KQ/78s often enough when raised to just release.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Langolier, I normally do add one BB for every limper but in this case I made a mistake and didn't check to see if there was a limper, I was multi-tabling, I know folding was the right thing to do but I feel I should have folded on the turn giving him credit for J10 when he raised me on that street, was having a bad session getting out drawn a lot.

On a side note I've been watching some of your Vids and there really helping me, in some of them you say people sometimes send you hand histories/stats for you to review, how do you go about arranging something like that, I would really like to get feed back from someone like yourself.
      Sorry if this is not the place to ask about that but I had a look around the forum but couldn't find any info about something like that, I can't do the bankroll builder
      Thanks
      Last edited by luke6206; Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Sure, glad to hear you're finding my videos useful! If you want to request a live training review from myself or one of our other live trainers, you can generally do so by sending us a PM or email. Send me an email to dave@mypokerschoolonline.com with what kind of review you're interested in and we'll go from there. umbup: Regards, Dave
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.