PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are my bets to big?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my bets to big?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    I just been clicking pot with the aces hands i thought that was pretty standard as i figured i would get less respect as im squeezing and my 3 bet over 400 odd hands was at 11 with a vpip of 29 27 pfr and 4 af, still im getting no action so i guess im making my bets to big?

I think all of your sizing is fine.

H3 is good sizing due to us being very deep and can lead to us getting stacks in by the river.

Comment

Hi Mike

Hand 1

Standard 3x + 1 for the caller = 80c you bet 90c a bit big but not out of line

Hand 2

Standard 3x + 1 for the caller = $1.20 you bet $1.35 again a bit big but not out of line

I have not played that much at 10nl only about 10k-20k hands pre having hm2 so cant really say if this small bit more gets more folds or not

Hand 3

With the check raise semi bluff you dont want callers the flush draw and gut shot are jest back up so this size look good to me
      Last edited by I AM XXXX; Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Ok cheers umbup:

Comment

0.90$, 1.2$, 2.32$ for me. So not out of line at all as XXXX says.
          With the AJs hand, I think if we were 100bb effective to start the hand I would consider x/shoving with 2.58$ in the pot and 9.17$ left. Our hand benefits from seeing turn and river and when we raise to a standard 3x and get called, are we bet folding a miss OTT?

Comment

Im not sure of the best line come to think of it im deffo not bet folding im getting it in on a blank turn if i bet like 4.75 / $5, i could just give up the pot and check fold would be the other option but i don't like that line it just looks so weak and i bet some players would pick up on what i just folded so i would prefer to get it in on the flop.

I guess you can jam the flop but if i do that im gonna have to jam some sets as well so im not sure about that line, im still not sure if i like my raise in the 1st place now though its a multi way pot with 2 big stacks who just put in a reasonable bet and call on that flop so i could of been up against other draws or turned two pair that i could of won a juicy pot out of.

What do you think of donking here?
            Last edited by mike2198; Mon Sep 09, 2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I've been changing my bet sizing according to position and opponents lately. I think it's earning me more chips.

You want to charge enough that you think villains will call. I've been min raising in late stages of tourneys to steal but if I find I get too many callers every time then I'll raise slightly more. In early stages I'll raise more but if I find there are too many ABC regs to act after me then I'll raise slightly less.

My raising ranges change as a tourney or STT progresses so I don't give any tells aways. It's all table and villain dependent.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.