PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR Zoom NL25 TT in EP facing open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Zoom NL25 TT in EP facing open

Just want to check that my line here is pretty standard. Let me know what you think? Very few hands on either villain. Certainly nothing to go on.

Hi Profess,

I think it looks very standard up until we get raised on the flop. I would probably size the flop bet a bit bigger too. But at the point we get raised on the flop, I think we should fold immediately. There's a very real chance we're up against JJ/QQ or a set. We flatted an UTG open and are betting into 2 players, his range to take the flop here given the preflop strength of an UTG open and UTG+1 flat is likely heavy in pocket pairs to begin with, and on a dry flop it just doesn't make much sense for him to be raising with anything worse than TT. Even if we're hoping he's over-valuing A9, that doesn't help us much. If he thinks A9 is good now, he will probably still think it's good when we check the turn to him, are we calling again? I think we end up paying off JJ and sets too much with this line.

As played, certainly it's an easy fold to the turn bet. Even the clueless A9's have gotten there now. Seems likely to me to be 2's or 3's full tbh, hoping we have a 9.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks!
      I guess flop raising range I thought would be JJ, 22, 33 and possible 45, A9, T9, so calling the min raise made some sense, of course I am then assuming (more like hoping) that top pair and draws check back blank turns, so it is never a thrilled bet/call on flop. I think even with that range and logic that says I typically check/fold to a bet on any non-T turn it should be folded on flop.

I like my flop bet sizing. I don't want to leave all the potential overcards in the hand, so only want to bet enough to get rid of them. There's not a huge amount I am getting value from and I am going to get raised a fair amount.

Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.