PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeeze Play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeze Play

HI Q1 is this a hand i shud be Squeezeing with Q2 when i get 4bet is it a call the player i had down as LAG and i was playing TAG. At nl2 The Squeeze Play work all the time but i cannot get it to work at 5nl are the plays at 5nl too familiar with the squeeze play and just re-stealing. I feel i played the really hand bad

Hi Stocky8A,

Before I evaluate this hand I'd like to hear from you what you would like to accomplish with 3betting here? and why?

Comment

HI geoVARTA i was ok will 1 caller or 3 folds

Comment

Hi Stocky, I see what you mean. You want to play the hand headsup with only one player.
        Well, in my point of view a suited ace is a good hand to play multiway so I personally would like to call here and not 3bet. The problem with 3betting AQs is that its a strong hand but probably not too strong to get all in with preflop. When we 3bet we should think in the following manner: Are we 3betting for value? Will villain call us with worse hands? Do we want to get the hand all in preflop? If not then are we 3betting as a bluff? Do we want our opponents to fold their better hand? If you can't answer those questions then its probably better to call or fold. With our hand I think we benefit from seeing a flop. And with the pot odds we are getting it means we just need to win 17% of the time to make our call profitable.

I hope this helps!

Comment

AQs for me is too good to 3bet with the intent to fold to a 4bet. Might as well squeeze with 92o. I prefare to flat here or maybe 3bet if the lag never folds to 3bets but doesn't 4 bet either.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.