PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max Zoom, big draw, standard play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max Zoom, big draw, standard play?

Villain first hand, no info. Did I do it correctly? After 5 bet villain made, I knew his hand is extremely strong, but I couldn't fold anymore. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com Button ($4.79) Hero (SB) ($7.42) BB ($5.70) UTG ($3.45) MP ($7.37) CO ($5.84) Preflop: Hero is SB with , Ad UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.22, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.17, MP calls $0.17 Flop: ($0.71) , , (3 players) Hero bets $0.50, 1 fold, MP raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.44, MP raises to $3.88, Hero raises to $7.20 (All-In), MP calls $3.27 (All-In) Turn: ($15.01) (2 players, 2 all-in) River: ($15.01) (2 players, 2 all-in) Imo - there was no way I could play this wrong?
    Last edited by braveslice; Tue Sep 03, 2013, 11:40 PM.

i'd make your raise pre a little larger since we are oop, but otherwise well played.

Comment

Hi Brave,

I agree on sizing preflop larger over the 2 limpers.

We have such a big draw it's fine to get the money in on the flop, but don't expect to be in great shape. The guy is clicking back raising on a board that smashes his range. I would expect him to have 2 pair+ here like all the time. Against a range of 2 pair+ we are a 53-47 dog even with this big a draw.

It's still best to get the money in immediately though imo... it's still profitable vs this range with the overlay the pot provides us after he raises, and many of the cards that get us there will scare him into not giving action if we just call and make our hand on the turn. And if we miss the turn, we can get a bad price on his turn bet depending on what he does.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.