PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL Zoom, TP soft play by hero, call river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL Zoom, TP soft play by hero, call river?

6 max Villain first hand, no info. 1. As played should I call? 2. Better way to play? (bet turn too?) Flush gets there on turn, but so many hands get there on river. PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/ Button ($7.27) SB ($5.37) BB ($5.66) UTG ($6.73) MP ($1.88) Hero (CO) ($5.64) Preflop: Hero is CO with , 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10 Flop: ($0.32) , , (2 players) BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20 Turn: ($0.72) (2 players) BB checks, Hero checks River: ($0.72) (2 players) BB bets $0.50
    Last edited by braveslice; Tue Sep 03, 2013, 08:59 PM.

I can't think of many hands that we beat on the river, maybe AJ or Adx.
    If it was a brick river I would had a tough time folding, but the J improves his range a lot.
    All things considered I am folding river.
    Betting turn with the purpose of checking back river makes sense also.

Comment

I'd bet/fold the turn and river. A river bet would be thin, so I don't hate checking behind dependent on the villain.

Comment

Hi Brave,

I think we should definitely be betting this turn. He can have a lot of gut shots/open enders, middle pairs, top pair/worse kicker, back door nut diamonds with a a hand like AdTx/Ad6x/AdJx. There's plenty worse to get value from here, and if we get check-raised we can probably just comfortably fold rather than worry about about drawing to a Q high diamond flush that we don't even know would be good or not.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.