PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I Play This Wrong???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I Play This Wrong???

I posts small blind [$0.25 USD]. (Hero)
    Player1 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Hero [Ac 8c]
    Player2 raises [$1.00 USD]
    Player3 calls [$1.00 USD]
    Player4 folds
    Player5 folds
    Player6 folds
    Hero calls [$0.75 USD]
    Player1 calls [$0.50 USD]
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, Td, 6s ]
    Hero bets [$2.00 USD]
    Player1 folds
    Player2 calls [$2.00 USD]
    Player3 calls [$2.00 USD]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
    Hero bets [$5.00 USD]
    Player2 folds
    Player3 calls [$5.00 USD]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9s ]
    Hero checks
    Player3 bets [$10.00 USD]
    Hero calls [$10.00 USD]
    Player3 shows [Js, Ad ]
    Hero shows [Ac, 8c ]
    Player3 wins $37.78 USD from main pot

Hi wheeleke,

I think calling from the SB with A8s against an EP raise and a call is a mistake; Our hand is weak with reversed implied odds: meaning when we hit TP we will win a small pot or lose a big pot because of our kicker. Flopping a flush is very rare and should not be part of our reasons to call. I think I would rather call from the BB if there was only 1 player in the pot because we can play heads up and can try to take down the pot without a made hand and also we close the action.
    Another mistake we made is leading the flop with TPWK. What does our bet achieve here? It will fold out worse and opponents will continue with better. A x/c is a more profitable line because we get to see how the other players react to the flop. I think you might have overplayed your hand here.

Comment

I agree with GV that folding pre is the preferred play. But I don't think it was your biggest mistake. When you donk and get called with no reasonable draw on the board you must shut it down unless you have a very specific read.

If this player makes open min raises with speculative hands, I'd 3 bet pre.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback... My poker education continues.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.