PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR 2nl Zoom, AA...bad play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR 2nl Zoom, AA...bad play?

no reads on villains should i have bet the turn? i was worried that someone might have JJ, plus the flush got there also, i think i should have bet bigger OTF
    Last edited by Espada_Nu.4; Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:15 PM.

3-bet it bigger pre.
    You should not play AA passive on wet boards especially OOP, your strategy here is bet-fold. I think your bet on flop was small, 'cause lower SC or one-gappers mostly are out their range but and you will still get called by worse PP and hands like KQ/AT+(and pretty much all of their range) on this kinda low coordinated board.
    You're definitely nott checking OTT even though the flush hits, you bet and fold to a raise. You should get value from hands like QJ and naked clubs.

Comment

Hi Espada,

Preflop sizing of 3x his open is fine imo. I would continuation bet bigger than half the pot on the flop though, as I would expect randoms at 2nl to not be able to fold A8, 99, TT ever on this board, so we can go for larger value before something like a K comes off and scares them. Probably about .45c imo. I also agree on not checking the turn, we offer both a free card to a single club, and don't really know what to do if V9 bets after we check. Did he make a flush? Have JJ or a smaller set? AQo with the ace of clubs? TT and thinks he's good? We have no idea. I think betting about .75c and folding to a shove by either player is better here. In general with no reads but the expectation of opponents not being very strong, bet/fold is usually a better line in spots like this imo.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I would b/f the turn and river unless a 4th club came.

I think we are missing value OTT though by checking. A lot of the villains range will check when an overcard comes to the board, or check and take a free card with a straight or flush draw. We should be protecting against these.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.